A Strategy for our Life Together 2018 – 2023
Encountering God, Equipping hi
Who we are
We are a church with an open and liberal spirit, in which difference is accepted, faith can be questioned, and new ideas explored. We are a thoughtful congregation and respect tradition. We gather to give glory to God through our worship and to be inspired and challenged in our discipleship.
Our vision is that St Paul’s should be a place of hospitality, sanctuary and spiritual encounter, celebrating and expressing God’s generous and inclusive love.
We are committed to:
- Good Communication – both within our congregation and with the wider parish.
- Accessibility and Inclusion – to allow everyone to feel welcome and valued.
- Safeguarding – in every area of church life.
Our prayer and discernment have led us to believe that we are called to be:
- A true parish church -
rooted in the life of the city, responsive to local needs, and open to all.
- A place of imaginative and inspiring worship, with the
Eucharist at our heart.
- A community of faith, committed to
deepening our own discipleship and nurturing the faith of others, not least
children and young people.
- A church that promotes a culture of
inclusion, safeguarding, stewardship and good governance.
- A supportive and caring congregation,
with strong mission links and a commitment to environmental sustainability.