Goal 3: A community of faith, committed to deepening our own discipleship and nurturing the faith of others, not least children and young people.
Promote opportunities for corporate regular prayer
· Promote the Daily Office and Sunday Compline
· Consider future retreats/quiet days – what might best meet our spiritual needs?
Develop a consistent pattern of Christian teaching, especially for seekers and newcomers
· Use Lent more effectively as a time of teaching and renewal
· Offer regular time-limited courses, such as the York courses
· Consider running an Alpha course or similar, perhaps jointly with St Peter’s
· Hold an annual course of basic Christian teaching, appropriate for adult confirmands
Provide occasional courses of sermons on particular themes
· Plan ahead for a series of sermons during Lent or Trinity
· Invite discussion of the sermons after the service, perhaps in the Lady Chapel
Review our work with children and young people and consider future leadership needs
· What is working? What do we do well? What are we trying to achieve?
· What resources do we need?
· Succession planning/future leadership